Fertility treatments can seem costly, and while it’s hard to put a price on having a baby, the expense of IVF may prevent some intended parents from considering this option to conceive a child.
While young women have the best IVF success rates, they and their significant others may not be as financially secure as older couples. Should they wait until they are older and better able to afford fertility treatments, or do it now, while their chances of a successful outcome are at their highest?
How Natural In Vitro Fertilization Can Help You Save Money
Natural IVF is an often cost-effective alternative to traditional IVF treatments and can be an appropriate solution for some women. This approach uses little or no medication associated with traditional IVF cycles, so there are fewer costs for medicine and monitoring. Natural IVF uses one or two naturally selected eggs created during the early phase of the woman’s menstrual cycle and is an excellent option in the following situations:
- Young women with a history of fallopian tube damage
- Couples experiencing male infertility
- Women with a history of hormone-related cancers
- Women over 40 who have decreased ovarian reserve, elevated FSH, or have undergone conventional IVF treatments without success.
Advantages of Natural Cycle IVF
- Natural cycle IVF reduces the risk of side effects and complications like ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome (OHSS), which fertility drugs can cause.
- The procedure time is much shorter in natural cycle IVF since only one or two eggs are retrieved.
- Eliminate the need for uncomfortable daily injections with natural cycle IVF.
- Only a local anesthetic is needed with natural cycle IVF, so the procedure is safer, there are no fees incurred for general anesthesia, and the patient can drive themself home.
- Natural cycle IVF prevents a multiple pregnancy as only one egg is transferred.
- Fewer office visits are required with natural cycle IVF compared to traditional IVF treatment.
- Natural cycle IVF costs less than conventional IVF because the procedure uses less medication (if any) to increase egg production, allowing patients to save on each cycle.
Click here to learn more about natural cycle IVF.
How Shared Egg Donation Cycles Make IVF More Affordable
Shared egg donation cycles often help couples using donor eggs achieve their goals of parenthood at a reduced cost. This option allows two sets of prospective parents to share donated eggs and split the following costs, saving them a significant portion of their overall expenditure.
- Donor screenings costs
- Medication costs
- Donor egg retrieval costs
- Donor compensation
All involved with a shared egg donation cycle must have patience while the donor’s and recipients’ cycles are synced.
Click here to learn more about shared egg donation cycles.
Top Fertility Clinic in West Hollywood Helps Many Hopeful Parents Secure Affordable IVF Treatment
Dr. Peyman Saadat is a world-renowned fertility expert. His clinic, Reproductive Fertility Center in West Hollywood, California, offers IVF options like natural cycle IVF and shared egg donation cycle to help make the dream of having a baby come true for many. Reproductive Fertility Center works only with highly qualified egg donors who are young, healthy, and physically fit.
For those with insurance that covers IVF treatments, Reproductive Fertility Center accepts most PPO plans, including Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, Health Net, and United Healthcare. Reproductive Fertility Center also offers financing options, cash-discounted packages, and treatment bundles to help our patients save money or reduce their costs if their treatments are unsuccessful.
Contact the knowledgeable team at Reproductive Fertility Center in West Hollywood to schedule a consultation or learn more about saving money on IVF treatments by calling (310) 881-8846.