Meet Our Staff
Our staff here at RFC have many years of experience. Below is a profile of each member on our team.
Ami Patel, Certified Ultrasound Technician
- Education: University of Houston 2005 with B.S. in Marketing, Ultrasound Certification at Sanford Brown College.
- Profession: Ample experience in pediatrics and neonatal ultrasound in fertility. Joined RFC in October of 2016.
- Personal: I enjoy beach volleyball, movies, and music. Cooking is also one of my hobbies.
- Favorite Quote: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Gandhi
Elizabeth Huerta, CMA
- Education: American Career College 2013
- Profession: Medical assistant in pediatrics. Joined RFC in April of 2016.
- Personal: I like to dance and love to try new foods.
- Favorite Quote: “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – N/A
Janeth Alvarez, CMA
Front Desk Coordinator
- Education: Everest College 2007
- Profession: MA
- Personal: Family is the most important for me, and I love to do outdoor activities.
- Favorite Quote: “Step with care and great tact, and remember that life’s a great balancing act.” – Dr. Seuss
Jennifer Cook, CMA
- Education: Graduated medical assistant school in 1987.
- Profession: Worked in OB/GYN and fertility for over 25 years
- Personal: I am married with 3 children. I enjoy family outings, camping, swimming, and watching movies. I started in the field of fertility over 20 years ago when faced with fertility issues at a young age and have been able to continue to grow in this constantly changing and progressing field.
- Favorite Quote: “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
Liz Mendoza, CMA
- Education: UEI 2009
- Profession: MA
- Personal: Spending time with my family.
- Favorite Quote: “To make a difference in someone’s life, you don’t have to be brilliant, rich beautiful or perfect. You just have to care.” – Anynomous
Lizette Vasquez, CMA
- Education: Bryman College 2011
- Profession: Extensive experience as a medical assistant in the OB/GYN field. Joined RFC in June of 2016.
- Personal: I love traveling, attending sporting events, and watching movies.
- Favorite Quote: “Success is no accident. It is hardwork, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing.” – Pele
Tasha Carmack, CMA
- Education: Concorde Career College 2003, West LA College – Currently AA Biology.
- Profession: Nursing career as a front office assistant in EMT. Continued with internal medical practice in women’s healthcare. Joined RFC in October of 2016.
- Personal: Love cooking, spending time with family, camping, Disneyland and rescuing animals.
- Favorite Quote: “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
Tina Cardenas, CMA
- Education: Phillip College in Riverside County 1994
- Profession: Pediatrics and internal medicine prior to joining RFC in 2007.
- Personal: I enjoy outdoor activities like fishing , camping, and hunting.
Xochitl Ramos, LVN
- Education: Career Development Institute 2013
- Profession: Charge nurse at convalescent hospitals in the psychiatric division. Joined RFC in April of 2016.
- Personal: I love to travel on my spare time.
- Favorite Quote: “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Education: UCLA – 1998 and CSUN, major psychology – 2003
- Profession: Over thirty years of medical management, practice promotion and growth.
- Personal: I have a personal infertility tale. But I persevered, and came out triumphant! I am a happy and very proud mother of two teenagers. My life’s passion has been and will always remain traveling. I am enthusiastic about learning and education in general, love music and a good book.
- Favorite Quote: “At the end of the day people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- Education: Mass Bay Community College
- Profession: As administrative assistant, I get to do a little bit of everything – my job is never boring!
- Personal: I have two amazing kids that I am very proud of. I love to spend time with family and friends. Whether out and about or just hanging around at home, when are you with people you love and enjoy, it’s always a good time.
- Favorite Quote: “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
- Education: Pasadena City College 2008
- Profession: Patient coordinator with 10 years of experience in the fertility field.
- Personal: I like to work out and stay fit. I enjoy going to our cabin in the mountains with my husband. I love traveling especially anywhere tropical with a beautiful beach!
- Favorite Quote: “Be who are you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
Office Support Specialist
- Education: West Coast Ultrasound Institute, 2018
- Profession: AA in Science, Magnetic Resonance Imaging with Practice in Ultrasound & EKG currently.
- Personal: I love cooking, Sinatra, and anything artistic. In my spare time, I learn as much as I can about medicine and hope to take my profession to new heights.
- Favorite Quote: “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” – Hippocrates
Front Desk Coodinator
- Education: Currently a student at the local Community College. Attended U.S College for CPT-1 license.
- Profession: Administrative assistant and phlebotomist. Joined RFC in August of 2014.
- Personal: I love rock climbing, hiking, and writing.
- Favorite Quote: “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr Suess
Digital Marketing Assistant
- Education: USC with B.A. in Dramatic Arts and Minor in Journalism 2012
- Profession: Over 4 years in production with ET & Insider on CBS
- Personal: Acting/hosting for several digital platforms. I love to play basketball, guitar, and writing.
- Favorite Quote: “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
Roxana Ghigortz, CMA
- Education: LA and Valley City College
- Profession: Experienced medical assistant in an OB/GYN office. 15 years of billing experience.
- Personal: I love to take long walks on the beach, music, old movies and cooking.
- Favorite Quote: “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ― George Bernard Shaw